Job ID HQ00022931 | Permanent | | | £ 40000.00 per annum | Start 02 Dec 2019
Winners recruitment are currently working with a client who is looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager with an Engineering background.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business, you will have a strong record of delivering excellent results by utilising project management methodology to provide clarity and direction for multi-disciplined teams. You will be a key member of the management team and will be participate in management team meetings.
The successful candidate will be responsible for production, quality, procurement and manufacturing engineering.
* Managing and resourcing the team to ensure we meet our safety, delivery, quality and cost metrics
* Fostering continuous improvement; and driving the use of lean manufacturing philosophies.
* Designing and installing systems to ensure the business can continue to grow
* Forecasting production and scheduling long lead time items to meet this plan
* Sourcing new suppliers as well as working with existing suppliers to improve supply chain flexibility and reduce cost.
Degree level qualification with an engineering related discipline
Previous experience within a mechanical assembly production line.
Previous experience using an MRP system
Excellent all-round IT skills
Six Sigma green belt
Ability to meet tight deadlines and to remain calm under pressure
Good communication skills, particularly the ability to influence and persuade others, and write concise reports
Good business acumen.
If you would like to find out more information on this role, please contact Keith Tyack at Winners Recruitment. 01872 264744 or alternatively email on firstname.lastname@example.org